EK425L Crimping Tool
With 5 tons of crimping force, the EK425 will crimp all the same connections as Burndy MD-6 or Kearney O-66 style tools, but it does it all with battery power rather than muscle power. And, it helps to reduce injuries resulting from repetitive motion and frequent muscle strain.
Call to get the most updated and lowest price for Used EK425L
The EK425 is about 2 pounds lighter and several inches shorter than MD6-style tools so it is much easier to carry up ladders and use in aerial buckets. Since there are no handles to open, it requires much less space in underground situations. The EK425 is operated with one hand – leaving the other hand free to position the cable and connector. The crimping jaws open wide to fit easily over connectors. To help prepare for a crimp, the jaws can be jogged closed until they just grip the connector, allowing the operator to position the cable in the connector before finishing the crimp.
The EK425 will complete about 180 crimps per battery charge on 4/0 splices. When a crimp is fully completed, the EK425 signals the operator by automatically opening the jaws. It is then ready to make the next crimp. And, when the crimping jaws need to be opened before a crimp is complete, the operator can simply push a button on the back side of the tool.
Greenlee Gator EK425L Features:
- Slim profile and light weight permit one hand operation
- Crimping jaws automatically open to signal that crimp is complete
- Crimping jaws can be opened in mid cycle to adjust connector
- When equipped with CJD3BG or CJD3O crimping jaws, can be used with all industry “W” style crimping dies.
- When equipped with CJK crimping jaws, can be used with dies for Kearney™ Type “O” tools.
- Available CJXPJ jaws crimp Nicopress type sleeves
- Available CJB jaws cut ontime disposable lock hasps
- CJD3BG and CJD3O crimping jaws have thermoplastic rubber covers on outside edges
- Carrying strap makes tool easy to carry and hang in buckets
- Interchangeable crimping jaws rotate 360 degrees
- Two batteries, battery charger, and convenient bucket pouch included
- Choice of 120 volt, 12 volt, or 230 volt battery charger
- Cuts up to 4/0 ACSR cable when equipped with KD6-27 cutter dies